Brazil Nut Milk
- Creamier and richer than other dairy alternatives.
- Easy to make, and can be prepared using pre-soaked or dry brazil nuts.
- Perfect to use in smoothies, porridge and granola or to drink on its own.
- Source of a powerful antioxidant – Selenium.
1 cup Brazil Nuts
a pinch of salt
- 3 cups water.
- If you want to make activated brazil nut milk, soak your brazil nuts in a bowl full of water for 8 hours. Discard the water and rinse the nuts well.
- Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Place a cheese cloth over a bowl. Pour contents of the blender on top of the cloth and squeeze it to extract milky liquid until pulp is dry. Discard the pulp or use it to make cookies.
- Store the milk in a sealed container in the fridge. Activated milk will keep for 2- 3 days, un-soaked milk will keep for 4-5 days.