Braised Tofu Power Bowl with Bean Noodles
- Meat-free warm noodle salad.
- Uses ready-cooked braised tofu.
- Filling, gluten and dairy free lunch or dinner.
- Serves 2 people.
1-2 tins Braised Tofu, with sauce
80g Green Soya Bean Noodles, Gluten-Free
3-4 Tbsp Rapeseed Oil
- 1 Banana shallot
- 4-5 Baby leeks
- 2 small carrots
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 cm² piece of fresh ginger, peeled
- 5-6 Chestnut mushrooms
- 4-6 small celery sticks/strips, from the heart of the celery.
- Chop the baby leeks into small chunks and rinse. Steam in the microwave for 5 minutes or until tender.
- Top and tail the carrots, then use a Julienne peeler to shred the carrots. Separate out some small lengths of celery heart, rinse and dry. Set both salad ingredients to one side.
- Peel and chop the garlic cloves and add them to a non-stick frying pan. Add the rapeseed oil.
- Peel and slice the banana shallot and add to the pan. Lastly quarter the mushrooms and and these to the frying pan. Sautee until golden brown. Remove from the heat.
- Boil the bean noodles in plain water for around 7-10 minutes or until softened, according to taste.
- Drain and rinse with cold water. Drain again and set to one side in colander/sieve.
- Microwave the braised tofu for 4-5 minutes, or until heated through.
- Assemble the super bowl. It is easier to add the noodles and braised tofu first as these make up a large part of the dish. Then arrange the rest of your vegetables in an attractive manner around the rest of the bow, keeping each ingredient separate.
- Spoon over the sauce from the braised tofu and serve.