Blessed Buddha Bowl
- Makes enough for 1 Buddha Bowl.
- A balanced meal with plenty to keep you full.
- Rich flavours with satisfying textures.
125g of Sushi rice
1 Tbsp Sunflower seeds
1 Tbsp Pumpkin seeds
½ can (120g) of chickpeas
1 Tbsp Sesame oil
½ Tbsp Garlic Powder
½ Tbsp Smoked Paprika
½ tsp Ginger Powder
½ tsp Lime juice
pinch of Cayenne pepper
sprinkle of salt, optional
- 2 Tomkin tomatoes, or other small tomato.
- Half an avocado
- 1 medium egg
- Handful of mixed salad leaves of your choice.
- Preheat your oven to 200°c Fan/ 220°c/ Gas Mark 6. Drain the chickpeas and tip into a mixing bowl and add the sesame oil, garlic powder, smoked paprika, ginger powder and salt. Coat the chickpeas thoroughly.
- Transfer the seasoned chickpeas onto a baking tray and bake for 30 to 40 minutes, until browned and crunchy.
- Cook the sushi rice in around 165ml of water and boil it for 10 minutes, until the majority of the water is absorbed. Leave to stand for 30 minutes. Then roll the rice into bite-sized balls.
- Hard boil an egg and leave to stand in cold water. Wash your salad leaves and tomatoes. Slice the tomatoes in half. Then slice the avocado as you prefer and drizzle over the lime juice. Keep all these ingredients to one side.
- In a dry pan, add the sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds and lightly toast. Turn the heat of and stir in the Tamari Soya sauce. The residual heat will help coat the toasted seeds.
- Remove the egg from the water, peel then cut in half.
- Now build the salad. Lay the salad leaves into the base of a deep bowl and then arrange the rice balls, tomatoes, avocado, egg and chickpeas in an attractive manner. Sprinkle over a pinch of Cayenne pepper onto the avocado and then add the toasted Tamari seeds.
- Your Buddha Bowl is ready to eat!