Banana Bread Slices
- Gluten and dairy-free recipe.
- Sweetened with fruit and coconut sugar.
- Teff flour adds texture and fibre.
- Makes 12 individual slices.
120g Gluten Free Flour Blend
80g of White Teff Flour
60g Coconut Sugar
165g Coconut Oil, softened into a semi-liquid.
2 tsp Baking Powder
½ tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
1tsp Stollen Spice
40g Walnut pieces
2 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 3 Medium eggs
- 3 (200g) Small bananas
- Preheat the oven to 200°c/ 180°c/ Gas Mark 6. Have your individual brownie tray or other non-stick, deep tray handy. Greasing is not really required for this recipe, but you can if you wish.
- In a large bowl or food processor mash/blend the 3 bananas. Add the coconut oil, maple syrup and coconut sugar and mix thoroughly.
- Measure out the dry ingredients into a separate bowl or jug.
- Then add the eggs to the wet mix. Slowly mix in a little of the dry ingredients: the flour blend, teff flour, Stollen Spice (or Mixed Spice), bicarbonate of soda and baking powder. Mix/blend thoroughly.
- Stir in the walnut pieces.
- Spoon generously into your brownie tray, around ¾ full and place in the centre of the oven for around 20 minutes, or until a rich golden brown.
- Allow to cool slightly before removing from the baking tray. If using a deep tray cut into your chosen slices.
- The banana bread slices can be served hot with frozen yoghurt, ice-cream or mango.
- Any left-over slices will store in an airtight container at room temperature for around two days, or for longer in the vegetable section of your fridge.