Almond Smoked Paprika Cheese
- Slightly sweet and spicy, deliciously smoked.
- Can be spread onto crackers or serves as an appetiser.
- Vegan and gluten-free cheese alternative.
- Easy to make.
- Makes two medium size cheeses.
1 Cup Blanched Almonds
1/2 Cup Yeast Flakes
1 tsp Garlic Granules
1 tsp Smoked Paprika, and enough to cover cheese
1 tsp Maple Syrup
1 tbsp Marjoram
1 Heaped Teaspoon Smoked Salt
3 Cups Cashew Milksmoked-paprika-organic-sussex.html
2 tbsp Agar Flakes
1/4 Cup Rapeseed Oil
2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- Cover almonds with water and leave to soak overnight.
- Place almonds, yeast flakes, garlic granules, marjoram, smoked paprika, maple syrup and salt in the bowl of a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
- Mix cashew milk with rapeseed oil in a big pan, add agar flakes and bring to boil over high heat.
- Change heat to low-medium, cover and simmer, stirring occasionally for 10-15 minutes.
- Gradually add milk to the almond mixture. Add lemon juice and stir until all ingredients combine into a creamy paste.
- Pour your cheese mix into the two medium-sized bowls and allow to cool.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove your cheese from the bowl and cover with paprika.