Almond Orange Cake
- Delicious, moist, easy-to-make almond & orange cake.
- Made with ground and flaked almonds.
- Sugar-free. Made with Xylitol.
- Vegan & gluten-free.
2 cups ground almonds
6tsp egg replacer
1/4 cup xylitol
1/2 cup almond flakes
1 tbsp icing mix
1tsp vanilla paste
1tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
- 2 oranges.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Zest the oranges and leave to one side. Peel the oranges, place in a blender and blend until smooth.
- In a big bowl, mix the egg replacer with water (6tsp + 180ml water), add xylitol and vanilla and mix well until xylitol dissolves. Taste the batter to see if the mixture is sweet enough. Add more sweetener as desired.
- Add the blended oranges, ground almonds, salt and baking powder and combine.
- Pour the batter into a baking tin and sprinkle flaked almonds on top.
- Bake until the cake is cooked and a skewer comes out clean (45 – 60 min).
- Leave to cool, dust with icing mix and enjoy!