- Nut milk from scratch with no additives.
- Makes around 400ml of nut milk.
- Uses organically grown nuts.
- You control the sweetness and flavour!
- Lasts 3-4 days in the fridge.
100g Organic Unblanched Almonds. Choose almonds with the skins left on for added natural fibre. Almonds contain natural calcium and magnesium making them ideal as a milk alternative.
- 400ml Fresh, cold water.
- A couple of pinches of Vanilla Powder, if you wish to add a subtle natural sweetness without needing sugar.
- Soak the almonds in a bowl of fresh water overnight or for at least 12 hours. You can cover and put in the fridge if you wish.
- Rinse thoroughly under cold water and drain.
- Tip the almonds and the cold water (and the vanilla powder if you’re using it) into a liquidiser.
- Blend for around a minute or until the liquid has turned a creamy white.
- Open up the liquidiser and check all the almonds are fully ground.
- Strain the liquid through a fine sieve or muslin.
- Pour into a clean bottle or container and place in the fridge.
- The leftover almond pulp can be used in cooking and baking. (See the recipe link below!)
- Almond milk is best enjoyed chilled, so use it straight from the fridge.