Click on images to enlarge:
Organic Soya Flour by Infinity Foods.
Soya Flour, Organic 500g (Infinity Foods)
Organic Soya Flour
- Similar to chickpea flour (gram flour).
- Use to make flatbreads and pancakes.
- Also use in Indian recipes such as Pakora.
- Organic, non-GMO and not defatted.
- Suitable for a gluten-free diet.
Soya flour is produced by toasting, crushing then milling soya beans. This high protein flour can be used as a substitute for wheat in bread, cakes and savoury dishes. It can also be used in conjunction with wheat, or with "binding" flours such as tapioca flour.
Soya flour is exceptionally high in protein. It is also naturally gluten-free.
Soya flour is similar in taste and consistency to chickpea flour. Because soya flour lacks gluten, it needs to be mixed with a binding ingredient such as tapioca flour or egg in order to hold together.
- To make pancakes: Mix around half a cup of soya flour with half a cup of milk and half a cup of warm water. Mix well and add 2 eggs and a pinch of salt. Beat into a batter, adding soya flour/water until the mixture is of a thick but runny consistency. Heat a non-stick frying pan with a little oil and add enough of the mixture to cover the pan. Cook until golden at the bottom, then flip over and finish.
- For a basic flat-bread mixture: Mix 1 cup of soya flour and 1 cup of water, then add soya flour or water until you have a dough. Add 2 beaten eggs and a pinch of salt, and knead into the mixture. Divide into balls and flatten into patties. Pan-fry for 15 minutes, or bake in a medium-hot oven. This mixture can also be used as a pizza base. For an egg-free mixture, use tapioca flour instead of egg.
- In Indian recipes: Soya flour can be used in place of chickpea flour in most Indian recipes including Pakora and the "noodles" in Bombay Mix (which are known as Sev).
Organic soya flour 100%. Made from toasted soya beans.
Please note that this is not defatted soya flour.
|Typical Values||per 100g|
|of which sugars||trace|
Organic • Guaranteed gluten-free • Wheat-free • Vegetarian, Vegan • Dairy-free.
Customer Reviews on Trustpilot