Temporary changes to delivery are currently in place due to high volume of orders
Mince Pies - Recipe
Mince Pie recipe by Caroline Fernandes
Classic & Alternative Mince Pies
Mince Pies are a traditional Christmas indulgence made from sweet pastry and a soft, fruity filling.
We have created two pastry recipes (Gluten Free and Chestnut Pastry) and two types of filling (Classic and Cocoa). These recipes contain no refined sugar, oil or un-natural sweeteners. These are healthy and homemade delights! The ingredients and directions are listed below.
Technique is the same for either pastry/filling recipe you choose.
1. Mix together the flour and coconut butter to make bread crumbs. You can use your fingers or a blender. Sprinkle in ground almonds (if doing the gluten free recipe), milk and eggs and mix together to make a soft dough.
2. Flour a flat surface and knead the dough. Cover and put into the fridge whilst you prepare the filling.
3. Mix together all the fruits in a large bowl. If you prefer a finer filling, pop the mixture in a blender and whizz the mixture for 30 seconds. Next add the spices and lemon juice. Now your filling is ready. If you have a real sweet tooth, sprinkle in a teaspoon of xylitol into your filling and mix well.
4.Pre-heat the oven to 190 °C and grease a muffin or tart tray (it is OK to use coconut butter). Take your pastry dough and roll out thinly. Cut out large round circles (about 7cm) and gently push into the tin.
5. Spoon filling into the middle of each pastry tin then place a lid of pastry on top. (You could cover with a smaller circle or use shape cutters - We have used stars, snowflakes and leaves).
6. Bake for 15-20 minutes. Serve with a dusting of icing sugar or xylitol (it's granular like sugar). Enjoy hot or cold - Tastes great with custard!
Healthy Supplies: The UK's Top Online Health Food Store
At Healthy Supplies, we stock the widest range of organic and eco-friendly food, drink and lifestyle products online. Our selection includes free-from, vegan and gluten-free foods and you can make massive savings with our economy sized bulk packs. We’re committed to enhancing the overall health and wellbeing of our customers. That’s why, on top of health foods, we offer sports nutrition, eco-friendly home and ethical beauty products.
Healthy Supplies is an online health food & health products store based out of Sussex, England. International delivery is also available for our overseas customers.