1) Pre-heat the oven to 160°c/Fan 150°c/Gas Mark 2.
2) Grease a baking tray. Wash each pepper and slice in half length-ways. Take out the seeds. You can leave the stalk as this helps keep the shape of pepper whilst cooking.
3) Rub the outside of each pepper half with olive oil and place into the baking tray. Set aside.
4) Put the Amaranth into a pan and add at least double the amount of water. So, 1 cup of Amaranth to 2½ cups of boiling water.
5) Bring to a slow bubble and cook until you have a porridge-like consistency and all the water has been absorbed. The Amaranth should still have a slight crunch and the mix will look semi-translucent.
6) While the Amaranth is cooking chop the aubergine into smallish chunks, around 2cm by 1cm. Add a knob of butter to a non-stick frying pan and fry the aubergine on a medium heat.
7) Finely chop the onion and add to the frying pan once the aubergine has started to colour a little. Fry off until both the onion and aubergine are properly cooked.
8) Stir in the Harissa Chilli Paste. Chop the Semi-Dried Tomatoes into half and add these to the pan.
9) Then in a separate non-stick frying pan and gently toast the pine nuts until they are golden brown. Stir these through the aubergine mix. Set to one side.
10) Remove the Amaranth from the heat and mix in the vegetable mix and pine nuts.
11) Spoon the mix into the peppers.
12) Roast the peppers for 35-40 minutes, or until the peppers are softened.
13) Remove from the oven and serve.
14) Optionally: crumble feta cheese onto the peppers and grill under a medium-hot grill for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
Healthy Supplies: The UK's Top Online Health Food Store
At Healthy Supplies, we stock the widest range of organic and eco-friendly food, drink and lifestyle products online. Our selection includes free-from, vegan and gluten-free foods and you can make massive savings with our economy sized bulk packs. We’re committed to enhancing the overall health and wellbeing of our customers. That’s why, on top of health foods, we offer sports nutrition, eco-friendly home and ethical beauty products.
Healthy Supplies is an online health food & health products store based out of Sussex, England. International delivery is also available for our overseas customers.