Guacamole is a cool, thick and succulent dip made using fresh avocado, onion, spice and tomato. It is a popular Mexican side dish, often partnered with burritos, nachos and breads. It's distinctive flavour, smooth texture and vivid green and red colours make it a delicious and exciting accompaniment to Mediterranean cuisine too.
Guacamole can be made to the consistency of your choice, from super smooth to big and chunky.
To make this guacamole, you will need:
- 2 small ripe tomatoes br>- 1 soft avocado - 1 - 3 tbsp lime juice - Chopped fresh coriander - 1 small red onion, finely shopped - 1 chopped green chilli - Salt and Pepper to season
How To Make
1) Chop up the tomato and put in a bowl. Halve the avocado and remove the stone (but keep it). Scoop out the avocado flesh and add to the tomato.
2) Add the lime juice, coriander, onion and chilli and season with salt and pepper.
3) Beat the ingredients with a whisk or spoon to mix up the flavours. If you want a really smooth mixture, you could quickly blitz with a hand blender.
4) Serve with coriander leaves to decorate. (If you are having it later, put the avocado stone in with the guacamole. This amazingly stops the avocado going brown).
(Some variations of guacamole incorporate garlic, which you could do if you choose, for a more intense flavour).
Healthy Supplies: The UK's Top Online Health Food Store
At Healthy Supplies, we stock the widest range of organic and eco-friendly food, drink and lifestyle products online. Our selection includes free-from, vegan and gluten-free foods and you can make massive savings with our economy sized bulk packs. We’re committed to enhancing the overall health and wellbeing of our customers. That’s why, on top of health foods, we offer sports nutrition, eco-friendly home and ethical beauty products.
Healthy Supplies is an online health food & health products store based out of Sussex, England. International delivery is also available for our overseas customers.