Temporary changes to delivery are currently in place due to high volume of orders
Goji Berry Cupcakes - Recipe
Sweet treat with a caramel, gingerbread flavour
These cupcakes have a gingerbread style flavour created by the combination of coconut sugar
and cinnamon powder. This recipe makes enough cake mix for at least 12-16 good sized cupcakes.
We chose to decorate with just a little butter icing, but you can pipe a large swirl that covers the whole cake (not quite so healthy!) or just leave them un-iced, as they are. They are perfectly moist enough to be enjoyed without icing and a nice cuppa!
For the Icing
- 125g butter
- 300g Xylitol ground into a powder
- ½ tsp Vanilla Paste
- 1 Tbsp milk or milk substitute
How to Make the Cupcakes & Butter Icing
1) Pre-heat oven to 180°C/Fan 160°C/Gas Mark 4. Soak the majority of the Goji Berries in warm water. Keep some dry for garnishing later, say around 20 of the best looking berries!
2) Line two bun tins with paper cases or place paper cases carefully on lightly greased
3) Cream the butter and Coconut Sugar together. Add the eggs one at a time, adding the Vanilla Paste and Cinnamon Powder as you do this.
4) Add the flour and baking powder. Mix in well, then add the goji berries. Stir again.
5) The cake mix should have a dropping consistency. Carefully spoon 2-3 heaped teaspoons of the mixture into each cake case. You should still be able to see the tops of the cases. This allows space for the cakes to rise.
6) Bake for 20-25 minutes or until they spring back slightly when you touch the tops.
7) Allow the cakes to cool slightly and transfer to a cooling rack. Store in an airtight container until ready to ice as the cakes must be cold before you can ice them.
8) In a fresh bowl, beat the butter, sugar and Vanilla Paste together. Add a little milk to mix to make it slightly runnier for easier piping/spreading.
9) Decorate the tops of the cakes as you wish and enjoy!
Healthy Supplies: The UK's Top Online Health Food Store
At Healthy Supplies, we stock the widest range of organic and eco-friendly food, drink and lifestyle products online. Our selection includes free-from, vegan and gluten-free foods and you can make massive savings with our economy sized bulk packs. We’re committed to enhancing the overall health and wellbeing of our customers. That’s why, on top of health foods, we offer sports nutrition, eco-friendly home and ethical beauty products.
Healthy Supplies is an online health food & health products store based out of Sussex, England. International delivery is also available for our overseas customers.