A lighter golden version of the tradition British Christmas Cake recipe. This fruity festive favourite comes packed with raisins, cranberries, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and allspice. Best of all it is entirely gluten free!
The cake mix could not be easier to use! Just add 100ml oil, 250ml water and four eggs, along with your choice of filling and bake for 30 minutes!
This recipe can be adapted for your own preference. Use your own choice of dried fruit, nuts and citrus zest to make your perfect Christmas cake.
This recipe will serve approximately 10 people moderately. It takes about 45 minutes to an hour to prepare and cook.
Before you start pre heat your oven to Gas mark 4/180°C (190°C if you are not a using fan assisted oven). Grease and line a 9 inch cake tin with baking paper.
1) Roll the cranberries and vine fruit in the tablespoon of plain flour. Set aside
2) Mix the eggs, oil and water in a bowl.
3) Beat the cake mix, lemon zest, spices and floured fruit into the egg mixture until a smooth batter is formed.
4) Pour mixture into the cake tin and place in the centre of the oven for 30 minutes. Check that the cake is cooked by inserting a skewer into the middle. If the skewer comes out clean, the cake is cooked!
5) Top your cake with homemade marzipan (see recipe here) or royal icing! Alternatively you can top your cake with an array of cranberries and blanched almonds.
Healthy Supplies: The UK's Top Online Health Food Store
At Healthy Supplies, we stock the widest range of organic and eco-friendly food, drink and lifestyle products online. Our selection includes free-from, vegan and gluten-free foods and you can make massive savings with our economy sized bulk packs. We’re committed to enhancing the overall health and wellbeing of our customers. That’s why, on top of health foods, we offer sports nutrition, eco-friendly home and ethical beauty products.
Healthy Supplies is an online health food & health products store based out of Sussex, England. International delivery is also available for our overseas customers.