Temporary changes to delivery are currently in place due to high volume of orders
Gluten-Free Chocolate & Raspberry Marble Cake
Chocolate & Raspberry Ripple Cake - Recipe
This recipe makes enough for a giant cup cake tin. If you don't have one of these then you can halve the recipe for a smaller, approximately 8inch/20cm cake tin. We used a food processor to mix all our ingredients together. You can still mix by hand, but don't panic too much about creaming the butter and sugar for ages, the cake works well enough without this!
Instead of butter icing we've smothered the cake in raw dark chocolate and raspberry chocolate. This large cake will generously serve 10-12 people or allow for several helpings for less people. Hurrah!
1) Oil the two halves of your giant cup cake tin and dust with flour, tapping out the excess.
2) Heat the oven to 180°c/160°c Fan/ Gas Mark 4.
3) Make up the chocolate cake mix first. Cream the butter and sugar, then if mixing by hand gradually add the eggs, vanilla extract and a little of the flour and cocoa at a time. Or just blitz altogether in the food processor. Keep this mix to one side or transfer this mixture from the food processor into a clean bowl.
4) Now mix up the raspberry cake mix. Cream the butter and sugar, then if mixing by hand gradually add the eggs, vanilla extract and a little of the flour and raspberry powder at a time. Or just blitz altogether in the food processor. Keep this mix to one side or transfer this mixture from the food processor into a clean bowl.
5) Transfer each cake mix into a separate piping bag or thick freezer bag, if you don't have any piping bags. This is a messy job, but it's worth it! If you don't have a large piping nozzle you will need to cut one corner of the freezer bag to act as the nozzle.
6) Take the bag with the chocolate mix first and pipe some mixture into the base of both halves of the cake tin. Then do the same with the raspberry mix. Keep swapping over until you've run out of cake mix.
7) Take a spatula or non-stick palette knife and draw a rough zig-zag through the cake mix in both halves of the cake tin.
8) Place in the centre of the oven for around 1 hour 10 minutes or until a (wooden) skewer comes out dry. It is best to check sooner rather than later as the swirly top part of the cupcake will cook slightly quicker. Let the cake cool a little before removing both halves and then allow them to cool further on a metal cake rack.
9) Make a batch of Dark Chocolate. See the recipe for Raw Chocolate Romeos for the instructions. Let the mixture cool slightly so that it starts to become a little thicker.
10) In the meantime spread the raspberry jam on the base part of the cake. Place the top part of the cake on top. Transfer the whole cake onto a plate with some foil or baking parchment underneath. Then gently spoon/ladle the dark chocolate mix over the very top of the cake and allow it to run down the sides. As the melted chocolate collects at the base use a spoon to coat the side of the cake. Set the cake aside to allow this layer of chocolate to set.
11) Make a batch of White Chocolate. See the recipe for Snow Blossom Chocolates for the instructions (remember to substitute raspberry powder instead of freeze dried strawberries!). Once the Dark Chocolate has set you can pour the Raspberry Chocolate on top of the cake to create an "iced" topping. Allow to set and decorate the rest of the cake as you wish e.g.: add a bow around the cake, etc.
Healthy Supplies: The UK's Top Online Health Food Store
At Healthy Supplies, we stock the widest range of organic and eco-friendly food, drink and lifestyle products online. Our selection includes free-from, vegan and gluten-free foods and you can make massive savings with our economy sized bulk packs. We’re committed to enhancing the overall health and wellbeing of our customers. That’s why, on top of health foods, we offer sports nutrition, eco-friendly home and ethical beauty products.
Healthy Supplies is an online health food & health products store based out of Sussex, England. International delivery is also available for our overseas customers.