This rich and satisfying dessert is vegan friendly and gluten free. The cinnamon and vanilla spices makes it taste sweet. It would make a great gluten-free porridge or you fancy a hot pudding on a cold day.
This pudding can be made with either Amaranth or Quinoa: both of which are packed with protein.
1) Cook the Amaranth with 1 part amaranth to 2 parts water. Cook until soft.
2) Combine all the ingredients with the amaranth in a pan and cover.
3) Heat first on a boil and then reduce to medium. Simmer gently for about fifteen minutes.
4) Pour mixture into one large serving bowl or individual bowls.
5) Chill for 1 hour and serve cold.
Serve either warm with soya custard or chilled with plain soya yoghurt. (This recipe serves 4).
Healthy Supplies: The UK's Top Online Health Food Store
At Healthy Supplies, we stock the widest range of organic and eco-friendly food, drink and lifestyle products online. Our selection includes free-from, vegan and gluten-free foods and you can make massive savings with our economy sized bulk packs. We’re committed to enhancing the overall health and wellbeing of our customers. That’s why, on top of health foods, we offer sports nutrition, eco-friendly home and ethical beauty products.
Healthy Supplies is an online health food & health products store based out of Sussex, England. We offer free UK delivery on all orders over £39, and international delivery is also available for our overseas customers.