Click on image to enlarge:
Organic Sesame Seeds, hulled 250g (Infinity Foods)
De-hulled Sesame Seeds - Organic
- High quality white hulled sesame seeds (skins removed).
- Suitable for seasoning and garnishing both sweet and savoury foods.
White sesame seeds are quite mildly nutty in flavour, though the intensity of the favour increases when the seeds are heated. These seeds have had nothing added or done to them other than having their outer husks removed.
- Use these sesame seeds in baking: sprinkle into the bread mixture for seeded buns and loaves. Topping bread with sesame seeds adds a nice nutty flavour to the crust.
- Sesame seeds are used throughout Asian cuisine. These seeds taste lovely when toasted. They accompany pan fried meats and sir fries perfectly.
- Use sesame seeds to dress salads and dips. Houmous is a popular dip that is made from chickpeas and sesame. To make your own houmous, the sesame seeds need to be ground into a powder or paste. To make things easier, we sell ready prepared sesame paste called Tahini. Light Tahini is made from white sesame seeds like these.
You might also like to try...
Sesame seeds, hulled (i.e. no hulls). Produce of Ethiopia.
|Typical Values||Per 100g|
|_of which sugars||1.6g|
|of which saturates||8.3g|
In conjunction with|